Whether I am talking with a FSBO, expired listing, or a new listing prospect I always make this same point. There are only 3 reasons that a home does or does not sell. If these 3 things are in line your home will sell.
- One of these things you control to some extent any way.
- One of these things i control
- One of these things we work on together.
- Condition. This one is up to the seller. In todays buyers market a home has to really stand out to sell. I will always recommend any needed repairs and always recommend that the home is staged. But it is up to the seller to keep the house clean and maintained. If you just want to offer a small carpet/repair allowance be prepared to wait a long time for a good offer. There are a ton of other homes out there that are ready to move in and the sellers might just as motivated (maybe more) than you
- Price. We work on this together together. We both want you to sell for as much as possible but the price needs to be realistic. In our area the final sales price averages within 2% of the list price so there really is not a lot of negotiation. If the house is overpriced buyers won't just make an offer to see what happens. They can make an offer on any house on the market. They will make their offer on the home that is the best price to start that meets their needs and tastes.
- Marketing. Buyers and buyers agents need to know about your house. This one is up to me (unless you're selling by owner). When I started investing 25 years ago the only way to sell a home was either list it and the agent put it in the mls or put an ad in the paper. All buyers knew to either call an agent or look in the paper. Now it is all internet. Newspapers ads are a total waste of $$$. Agent listings go all over the internet. This is one area of internet growth that has worked against sellers. It is great for buyers because they know all the listings are on the 'net. Since I am an Epro, I use a broad base of internet outlets to promote my listings. When I list a home it literally appears on Thousands of websites.
The FSBO challenge. In the old days I could advertise in 1 place -the local paper and sell a house. I always sold by owner. This was well before I was licensed. Now the 1 place is the internet. The challenge is that the internet is not 1 place. It is many thousands of individual places ( websites ) . Some of the FSBO services charge hundreds or thousands of $$$ up front and then you are in 1 place( their website). The problem is that it is just 1 place out of many thousands of places and your exposure is still limited.
CALL ME DIRECT: 770-656-9134
Buy a home, Sell a home, in Powder Springs, Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, Smyrna, Dallas, Hiram,and Cobb, Paulding, Douglas, North Fulton, South Cherokee, County, Ga. Call me for all of your real estate needs.
Visit my website
Call me for all of your Real Estate needs
Copyright © 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018 By Bob Southard, All Rights Reserved